Re: SLAPD dies/locks up

    Turbo> I'm having trouble here. When doing a search from
    Turbo> netscape/outlook OR ldapsearch to the ldap server, the
    Turbo> slapd locks up, and it have to be restarted.
    >>  With a little more investigation, and adding my own debug
    >> lines, I came up with the 'source of the evil'...
    >>
    >> It's the return(select()) line...
    >>

    >> return( select( tblsize, &sip->si_use_readfds,
    >> &sip->si_use_writefds, NULL, timeout ));
    >>
    >> Seems the select() locks for some reason...

    Kurt> The client is awaiting for data to become available...

The client? As in netscape/outlook/ldapsearch?

    >> Any idea what I should do next, to find out WHY?

    Kurt> Look on the server side.

Where exactly?

What reasons would there be for the data not to be availible?

Where exactly should i start looking? I've runned slapd through
gdb, I have used tcpdump to trace the traffic, I have most 'standard'
ways to try to discover WHY... But nothing... I'm stumped. I have
no idea where to look next.