Re: LDAP_CONST in sort.c in client libldap (ITS#436)

Redirected to devel for discussion

At 11:08 PM 1/31/00 GMT, vtag@novell.com wrote:
>Full_Name: Steven Sonntag
>Version: dev
>OS: Windows/NT
>Submission from: (NULL) (137.65.214.133)
>

>LDAP_CONST is not used consistently in file libraries/libldap/sort.c for the
>external functions "ldap_sort_values" and "ldap_sort_strcasecmp"

Since we require Standard C to build the library,
LDAP_CONST should always be 'const'.  Hence, no problem
should be created by the inconsistent use.

>The function prototypes in ldap.h use LDAP_CONST, but the actual functions
>in sort.c use a hardcoded "const"

I'm actually thinking it best to s/LDAP_CONST/const/ for
everything but public headers (ldap.h,lber.h,etc).

Comments?