RE: Calling conventions

The OpenLDAP implementation supports a number of auto
optioning mechanisms which allow applications to use
user/site specifics defaults (.ldaprc/ldap.conf/session
handle).  These mechanisms do not interfer with applications
designed to the LDAPext API spec, but will likely limit an
application portability to implementations with these
extensions.  We will likely document the API for these
mechanisms as an "optional" extension to the core
API.

The clients/tool collection demonstrate how applications
can use these mechanisms.

Kurt