Re: patch to add remove subtree switch to ldapdelete

At 08:02 AM 12/2/99 -0500, Gary Williams wrote:
>A few people have expressed an interest in having ldapdelete be able to
>delete a branch of the directory rather than have it complain of not
>being able to delete a non-leaf.  The following patch adds a -r switch
>to have it remove a subtree.  If most people think this is a good thing,
>I'll commit it.

I have no problem with this code being committed as a temporary
solution.  The long term solution is to implement a Standard-track
mechanism for subtree deletion.  The IETF LDAPext WG is doing some
work in this.  I would love to see someone implementing subtree
delete per IETF I-D specifications.

Kurt

----
Kurt D. Zeilenga		<kurt@boolean.net>