Re: const char * params

At 04:37 PM 10/18/99 -0600, Trevor Harrison wrote:
>I'm using libldap in a C++ program, and I'm running into issues with parameter passing.  (ie. I'm using C++ string classes, and they prefer to convert the string to a const char * instead of a char *)
>
>Is there any reason to keep the params as char * instead of moving to const char *'s?

Most of the work to update OpenLDAP-devel to the IETF LDAPext
C LDAP API internet draft has completed.  I am working on changes
based upon the latest revision of the draft now.

OpenLDAP 1.x will be left RFC1823/U-Mich LDAP 3.3 compatible.

>I would enjoy helping change this, but I'm not sure where to start.

You are more than welcome to experiment with devel code (available
via AnonCVS: http://www.openldap.org/software/repo.html).  However,
do realize that it is not for general use.

Kurt

----
Kurt D. Zeilenga		<kurt@boolean.net>
Net Boolean Incorporated	<http://www.boolean.net/>