Line endings (RE: NT support)

At 11:04 05.10.99 -0400, Mark Valence wrote:

On a related topic, does anyone else get the .dsp and .dsw files from CVS with unix end-of-lines (^J) instead of DOS (^M^J)? For me, MSVC chokes on these files until I change the eols. I've told my CVS client that these are binary files, but that doesn't help. Are they marked as binary on the repo side?
if they are marked as binary files, and checked in with ^J, you would expect to see ^J on the DOS box - that's what binary means, isn't it?

if they are marked as *text* files, the ^J in the repository ought to be converted to ^M^J when checking out on an NT box (IMNSHO).

The Curse of the Line Ending strikes again....

                         Harald A

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no