Re: Kerberos 5 Support for OpenLDAP-release

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 11:14:20AM -0400, Jeffrey Mahoney wrote:

> 	Hello -
>
> 	A few days ago, I started searching for Kerberos 5 support (or any
> hints of development) for OpenLDAP.
>
> 	I didn't find anything, so I wrote it myself.
>
> 	What's the code review process, etc for code integration into the
> OpenLDAP project?
>
> 	Basically, my code is an API translation from krb4 calls to krb5 calls.
>
> 	I've added an LDAP_AUTH_KRB5 authentication type, as well as an
> ldap_krb5_bind{,_s} call for TGT-based binds.
>
> 	Kerberos password authentication is supported, but overridden if the
> "userpassword" field is non-null.
>
> 	I've posted my changes on the web at http://www.csh.rit.edu/~jeffm/ldap

Great! I've been meaning to work on this myself. Questions, is this against the
openldap 2 devel source, or the 1.2.x source? I ask, because it really needs to
be against the devel tree. Another question, does this support the Krb5 DES
encrypted sessions? If not, do you know if thats possible?

I'll check out your patch, if it looks ok, I'll try to merge it into the CVS some
time this weekend.

Ben