Re: OpenLDAP 2.0 alpha2 - NT service problem when compiled single threaded

At 11:16 AM 9/9/99 -0600, Tom Baker wrote:
>Since OpenLDAP2 alpha2 (on NT) compiled single-thread appears more stable
>than multi-threaded, I would like to use it.  However, when it is compiled
>single-threaded and run as a service, it times out and quits after 30 secs.
>I understand the hows and whys, and am willing to check in the changes. I
>just need to know if single-threaded builds are going to be supported in the
>future (i.e. if I check it in is it likely to be commited?), since even I
>will stop using it as soon as possible.

I see no reason not to support both single and multithreaded
builds (as we do with other platforms).  It should be as
simple as activating the appropriate configuration.

As with any changes, patches against 2.0-devel should be
submitted (preferrable using "cvs diff -u") as an ITS
(http://www.openldap.org/its/).  Be sure to review the
developer/contributor guidelines (http://www.openldap.org/devel/).

Kurt