OpenLDAP 2.0 alpha2 - NT service problem when compiled single threaded

Since OpenLDAP2 alpha2 (on NT) compiled single-thread appears more stable
than multi-threaded, I would like to use it.  However, when it is compiled
single-threaded and run as a service, it times out and quits after 30 secs.
I understand the hows and whys, and am willing to check in the changes. I
just need to know if single-threaded builds are going to be supported in the
future (i.e. if I check it in is it likely to be commited?), since even I
will stop using it as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Tom