Re: Berkeley DB

> Louis Simon wrote:

> I was wandering, did someone ever try to remove Berkeley DB  and use
> his own DB system? The thing is that if I want to use SLAPD in a
> commercial software, I got to pay Sleepycat for using Berkeley DB. I
> want to use my own API system in SLAPD, bypassing Berkeley DB. Does it
> seem possible or is it to much of a " dangerous surgical operation"?

Classic "Make vs Buy" decision. If you already own a suitable
database, and just need to wire the server into its interface,
that's probably not too hard. If on the other hand, you think
that you would save money be re-implementing the BerkeleyDB
functionality yourself, then you are likely to be disappointed.