From: owner-openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Louis Simon
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 1999 9:34 AM
To: Ldap devel list
Subject: Berkeley DB

Hi,

I was wandering, did someone ever try to remove Berkeley DB  and use his own DB system? The thing is that if I want to use SLAPD in a commercial software, I got to pay Sleepycat for using Berkeley DB. I want to use my own API system in SLAPD, bypassing Berkeley DB. Does it seem possible or is it to much of a " dangerous surgical operation"?

tks

Louis