NT Port

Hello,

Please excuse me if I sound like a novice, but, First timer with OpenLDAP.

Got the source from CVS. Compiled a Debug version in VC++ 6.0. Exe generated without much of a problem. Problem occurs in executing it.
I can install it as a service (slapd install), but when I try to start this service using net start it returns a msg stating service has started although no such process running under taskmanager. Once I run the exe from command line (slapd.exe) it throws out the listing of slap.at.conf & slap.conf followed by;

slapd startup: initiated.
slapd starting
daemon: select failed (10022): unknown
daemon: abnormal condition, shutdown initiated.
slapd shutdown: waiting for 0 threads to terminate
slapd shutdown: initiated
ldbm backend saving nextid
next_id_read: could not open "./usr/tmp/NEXTID"
ldbm backend syncing
ldbm backend done syncing
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.

Can anyone tell me WHY? Do I need to set some registry keys. If "Yes", then what are these keys? I still dont know where do I specify the port no or has this been hardcoded within the source.

Any form of help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Samir Desai