[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: schema headers and release
- To: Julio Sánchez Fernández <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: schema headers and release
- From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
- Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 07:22:27 -0700
- Cc: Bert Vermeulen <email@example.com>, openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Organization: OpenLDAP <http://www.openldap.org/>
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <377C8D43.C1FAD49D@stl.es>
[[ added -devel to cc list to promote discussions ]]
Julio Sánchez Fernández wrote:
> Bert Vermeulen wrote:
> > Right now I need to #include <ldap_schema.h> if I want to use the new
> > schema parsing functions. Is this permanent, or will it eventually be
> > included from ldap.h?
> Kurt, we should have a ruling on this. People need to know.
For now, I suggest keeping it separate. The final ruling should likely
come from LDAPext. That is, we should draft an LDAP C API extension
documenting this interface. If the extension is optional, I would
think a separate header would be appropriate. However, LDAPext in the
past has a history of combining independent APIs into a common header.
I think it's best to keep it separate until a draft extension is
published and reviewed. It's much easy to migrate to users from two
to one than from one to two.
> > Also, is the schema code going to be released into the 1.2.x tree, or
> > will it be 2.x only?
I see little reason to port the schema code to our LDAPv2 tree (1.x).