RE: extended acl

yes, initial thoughts did fall on regex and $1..$9
substitutions. but i wasn't sure slapd src code
would relay the connection from ([^,]+) to the
$1 substitution.

other aspects of slapd's use of regex also
worries me:
   access to dn=.*,mail=([^,]+)

won't the ".*" match the succeeding ","?
shouldn't all such cases of ".*" be replaced

what abt "^" and "&" match begin line and end line?
aren't they needed?

i should probably read the src code ..
:)