LDAP backend for slapd

I have uploaded a preliminary version of my LDAP backend to
ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/hyc-back-ldap.tgz

This is a simple pass-thru/proxy; all LDAP requests are implemented.

In the absence of the ldap_parse_result() function I have added an
LDAP_OPT_MATCH_STRING flag to ldap_get_option(). Obviously this is only a
temporary hack to get things working.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

Ultimately this backend should evolve into a metadirectory manager - it
should be able to glue multiple servers in totally disjoint namespaces into
a single logical tree. It should be able to massage DNs from foreign servers
into a consistent DN hierarchy for the local server. It should be able to
alter the objectclasses and attributes of foreign entries to make them fit
into the local schema. It should be able to glue multiple entries (or
portions thereof) from foreign servers into a single logical entry for the
local server. For now, all this is left as an exercise for the reader...