Re: LAST CALL for 1.1.3 and 1.2

"James H. Cloos Jr. (by way of Kurt D. Zeilenga )" wrote:
> It would be a good idea, I think, to include inthe CVS before the next
> release(s) such items as an RPM spec file and comparable files for
> other build systems, such as used by debian and the bsd camp(s).

I would think that such would be good additions.  We likely
could put them in the build directory.  To keep Debian RPMs from
clashing with RedHat RPMs from xxx RPMs, I'd suggest we add
subdirectories for each platform (debian, redhat, ..., freebsd)
for such files.

> To get things started, attatched is the RPM spec file from the source
> rpm for openldap 1.0.2 which is on contrib.redhat.com, and s first cut
> at one for 1.2, based on the former.

> Also attatched is the /etc/rc.d/init.d/ldapd file from said source rpm.

The rc script looks good, however I'm not the name is appropriate
since it doesn't start ldapd!  Maybe 'openldap' would be more
appropriate.

I actually have something similiar for FreeBSD.  But I use
one script per server (including gateways).  I can contribute
these as well.