[Date Prev][Date Next]
prerelease snapshot available
- To: ldap-dev@Boolean.Net
- Subject: prerelease snapshot available
- From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@Boolean.Net>
- Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:11:31 -0700
- Organization: Net Boolean Incorporated <http://www.boolean.net/>
Since my last note, the following changes have been merged
into the main branch:
* ACL by Group support from Stuart Lynne
* POSIX regex support from Stuart Lynne
BSD re_comp/re_exec code has been removed.
A compatibility library will be provided for
those without POSIX regex when time permits
(or I get too many complaints :-).
* SleepyCat DB2 now support in compatibility mode.
* Make-common is now derived from Make-common.dist.
* Depend information is now kept in Makefiles instead
of Make-templates. As such, you need to
make depend after make makefiles.
* Other misc. build/install issues resolved.
* ldapconfig.h.edit is sole source of dir/file paths.
* bindDN/cred for most clients are now settable via
ldapconfig.h.edit (though setting of passwords
this way is not recommended).
* time_t now used in ldap.h/-lldap instead of int/long.
* manuals updated to reflect correct paths
* install paths now work properly
* lint removed from libraries/clients