[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8350) lmdb SIGBUS error on full partition and possible double free issue
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8350) lmdb SIGBUS error on full partition and possible double free issue
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 14:01:07 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
On 09/01/2017 02:38 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
> email@example.com wrote:
>> The documentation of txn_commit did confuse me (as well).
>> Would you consider adding a line stressing that the txn gets released
>> even in case any error is returned? (or something similar) I'm
>> personally used to failing operations not "having externally observable
>> effects" unless explicitly stated.
> The very first words on the line you highlight are "The transaction
> handle is freed." I don't know how to state that any more explicitly.
(I knew the line stated it and still it somehow didn't make me sure, but
it's perhaps just me.)