[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8350) lmdb SIGBUS error on full partition and possible double free issue
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8350) lmdb SIGBUS error on full partition and possible double free issue
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 12:38:42 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
>> The docs say quite clearly, after txn_commit the txn must not be used
> The documentation of txn_commit did confuse me (as well).
> Would you consider adding a line stressing that the txn gets released
> even in case any error is returned? (or something similar) I'm
> personally used to failing operations not "having externally observable
> effects" unless explicitly stated.
The very first words on the line you highlight are "The transaction handle is
freed." I don't know how to state that any more explicitly.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/