[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8229) ldapsearch: report failed search results to stderr even when ldif == 0
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8229) ldapsearch: report failed search results to stderr even when ldif == 0
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 21:43:26 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:23:50PM +0200, Hallvard Breien Furuseth wrote:
>We should be wary of changing ldapsearch output, since
>people parse it in scripts.
Good point. Adding a stderr message to the existing stdout message would
safer. Still not as safe as no change, of course.
>I do find the output quirky and would have liked it different.
>Maybe yet another option could clean it up, or an -o flag similar
Yet another option... :)