[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8185) Clarification/enhancement request: purging stale pwdFailureTime attributes
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8185) Clarification/enhancement request: purging stale pwdFailureTime attributes
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 15:05:28 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
On 08/14/2015 10:25 AM, Howard Chu wrote:
> I've added a pwdMaxRecordedFailure attribute to the policy schema.
> Overloading pwdMaxFailure would be a mistake.
> MaxRecordedFailure will default to MaxFailure if that is set. It
> defaults to 5 if nothing is set. There's no good reason to allow the
> timestamps to accumulate without bound.
> This is now available for testing in git master.
Howard, I just saw this message from you today, when I happened to be
looking through my gmail spam folder -- no idea why it ended up there!
On Friday, I only saw your subsequent message and responded to it
without knowing that you had already implemented this enhancement. So I
didn't fully understand the context in which you had written that message.
Thanks very much for implementing this enhancement! I will check out the