[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#7923) constraint_close / free problems on olcDbDirectory change
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#7923) constraint_close / free problems on olcDbDirectory change
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 20:11:08 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Full_Name: Emily Backes
> Version: RE24
> Submission from: (NULL) (18.104.22.168)
> Changing olcDbDirectory on a live server with overlays makes a mess; much like
> the recent ITS#7906, constraint has a problem with open/close management.
> constraint_close calls constraint_free( ap, 1 ) which wipes everything out, but
> the state is not restored when things are restarted. In particular, a second
> olcDbDirectory mod results in constraint_free being called again with garbage.
Should note this is related to ITS#7906. I guess we have no choice now but to
revisit all of the remaining overlays in RE24.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/