[Date Prev][Date Next]
(ITS#7721) slapo-lastbind patch to allow authTimestamp updates to be forwarded via updateref
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: (ITS#7721) slapo-lastbind patch to allow authTimestamp updates to be forwarded via updateref
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 21:30:18 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Full_Name: Christian Kratzer
OS: CentOS 6.4
Submission from: (NULL) (2003:41:c010:8001:8de8:2245:8dd7:5c5e)
I, Christian Kratzer, hereby place the following modifications to OpenLDAP
Software (and only these modifications) into the public domain. Hence, these
modifications may be freely used and/or redistributed for any purpose with or
without attribution and/or other notice.
I have adapted code from slapo-ppolicy to slapo-lastbind from contrib to allow
forwarding of updates to authTimestamp via updateref and chaining.
The patch introduces a new lastbind_forward_updates (olcLastBindForwardUpdates )
boolean parameter to slapo-lastbind that has the same semantics as
ppolicy_forward_updates (olcPPolicyForwardUpdates) in slapo-ppolicy.
I have a 2 master, 2 slave syncrepl test setup which chaining from the slaves to
the masters ( to one of them to be precise ).
- Bind on master1 results in authTimestamp getting replicated to master2 and
- Bind on slave1 with olcLastBindForwardUpdates=TRUE results in authTimestamp
getting forwarded to the master with updateRef and chaining and replicated from
Please review especially the one from ppolicy I did not merge marked with TODO.