[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#7521) Passwords with either a comma or period don't authenticate against AD LDAP
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#7521) Passwords with either a comma or period don't authenticate against AD LDAP
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 19:17:04 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> --On Wednesday, February 06, 2013 6:33 PM +0000 TCera@sjrwmd.com wrote:
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
>> xwiki uses jldap.
> JLDAP is written in java, and does not use the OpenLDAP C libraries. If
> you are going to use Java, I highly recommend you look at the unboundID SDK.
> I would also note that PHP's LDAP Support is known to be utterly broken.
> There is no indication anywhere here in your report that indicates a bug
> with the OpenLDAP software.
If he could reproduce the issue using OpenLDAP's command line tools, there
would be reason to suspect libldap. But no such problem occurs for me using
e.g. ldapsearch. Closing this ITS.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/