[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#7475) documenting that dynamic lists/groups overlays are mutually exclusive with the memberof overlay
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#7475) documenting that dynamic lists/groups overlays are mutually exclusive with the memberof overlay
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:15:59 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
On Jan 22, 2013, at 4:40 AM, Howard Chu wrote:
> email@example.com wrote:
>> Full_Name: Ted C. Cheng
>> Version: trunk
>> OS: Linux
>> URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
>> Submission from: (NULL) (184.108.40.206)
>> Document enhancement request:
>> Dynamic lists/groups do not involve group entry modification. As a result, they
>> cannot be used with the memberof overlay.
Would the above text, in one single paragraph, be good enough for the documentation?
>> It would be great to document explicitly, man pages and admin guide, that
>> dynamic lists/groups overlays and memberof overlay are mutually exclusive.
> If you have suggested text, please submit the patch here.
Ted C. Cheng