[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#7475) documenting that dynamic lists/groups overlays are mutually exclusive with the memberof overlay
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#7475) documenting that dynamic lists/groups overlays are mutually exclusive with the memberof overlay
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:40:36 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Full_Name: Ted C. Cheng
> Version: trunk
> OS: Linux
> URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
> Submission from: (NULL) (22.214.171.124)
> Document enhancement request:
> Dynamic lists/groups do not involve group entry modification. As a result, they
> cannot be used with the memberof overlay.
> It would be great to document explicitly, man pages and admin guide, that
> dynamic lists/groups overlays and memberof overlay are mutually exclusive.
If you have suggested text, please submit the patch here.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/