[Date Prev][Date Next]
(ITS#6967) bug when migrating to cn=config with mixed-case schema names
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: (ITS#6967) bug when migrating to cn=config with mixed-case schema names
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 01:05:05 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Full_Name: Seth B.
Submission from: (NULL) (22.214.171.124)
I moved from slapd.conf to cn=config using options -F and -f (forgot the exact
command but I think it was slapadd). I had a schema called EnergySec.ldif that
was migrated. It showed up as
following the conversion.
However, when I tried modifying the schema using ADS and then ldapmodify, I
would get a error 32: No such object. With slapd in foreground mode, I found
that it was trying to access the lower-case version of the file:
ldif_read_file: no entry file
Since UNIX is case-sensitive, this obviously failed (the import kept the case as
I fixed it by manually renaming the ldif file to lower case and changing the dn
and cn inside the file. That was pretty hairy and I hope I didn't break anything
else but it semes to work.