[Date Prev][Date Next]
(ITS#6769) Slapd fails to start when olcDbURI attribute is used
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: (ITS#6769) Slapd fails to start when olcDbURI attribute is used
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 22:45:50 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Full_Name: Jaap Winius
OS: Debian squeeze
Submission from: (NULL) (2001:888:10:d5f::2)
When attempting configuring slapd as a consumer with proxy authorization, it
refuses to start up after the olcDbURI attribute is added to the
slapd-chain: first underlying database
contain attribute "olcDbURI". config error processing
slapcat: bad configuration file!
This situation occurs with both the SIMPLE and SASL-GSSAPI bind configurations
that I've tested.
The solution is to apply this patch:
For background, see also this thread:
As you can see, the issue has been known for some time, but I don't know if a
bug report has been submitted for it yet, so I thought this would do no harm.