[Date Prev][Date Next]
MemberOf out of sync on consumer[s]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: MemberOf out of sync on consumer[s]
- From: Yuri Bank <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:20:11 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=fOqMtQijZPtvaEygIDihC5jJAq+2PZ6cugRH6Yv0ZWQ=; b=Q6GtQj0cC1HqhQGYqcx9zqu14oCm/zKm05Sgar5I1qOaXk7M8rmD6ISrWkimqFvx3+ NeqT7WG8lmx2p4RDJThe4IkrLcFIBO4o0BhJPhwgSx3cvzEml4OIJkJ0WsokQTXZLYGv ifT8bHAj6OfgJ8do0ISXNVLrj+mPj1BfVkQBQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=OjLmcIIZlF25eJXSpoqNOy5ZrkVMo4Xs8gHDHBb5QRauGEAp9alBhu0vIWYvP4re5Y ac3WHWEMt3FdlaAVBM1RBint0FUZRTW4hGy9AWqg+iHGG6eZz58xMba/MCK5Ryvsl6Nr t1FLAsbq7+XERTUu4tcg7/fwiyJisTE0fSAG4=
I've been putting this off for a while, but this is happening frequently enough that I think its time to ask for opinions on the bug I'm running into with OpenLDAP and the MemberOf overlay.
Configuration: Single Provider, with 4 Consumers.
It seems that when I add a new users on my provider, the MemberOf attribute disappears randomly for some users, on some ( not all ) consumer nodes. Everything in the DIT is in tact, and the changes made on my provider are replicated to the consumers correctly. The only issue here is with the memberof attribute. The only way for me to remedy this problem is to shutdown slapd on the affected consumer node, delete everything in /var/sun/slapd, and then start slapd again which then fully syncs with my provider with all memberof attributes in tact. My testing shows that this is triggered by making changes to to my LDAP groups/users on the provider node, but that is all I can find. Nothing in the logs gives me any clues as to what is happening.
Has anyone experienced similar problems?