[Date Prev][Date Next]
(ITS#6417) Mirrormode documentation slightly misleading
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: (ITS#6417) Mirrormode documentation slightly misleading
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 08:27:42 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Full_Name: Peter Mogensen
Submission from: (NULL) (18.104.22.168)
All of the examples about mirrormode in the admin guide tells you to set
ServerID to "1" and "2".
The extended form (ServerID <N> <URL>) is only mentioned for N-way multimaster.
However, IF you also setup mirrormode for cn=config, you need to specify
ServerID on both servers as:
ServerID 1 ldap://server1/
ServerID 2 ldap://server2/
... so the config is the same on both server. Else your replica will not receive
all updates and servers will think changes they made them self are made by
A user might be able to figure this out be thinking about what mirroring
cn=config actually requires, but it would probably some time if this is
mentioned in section 18.3.4 of the admin guide.