[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#6365) Bad slapcat output when slapd running
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#6365) Bad slapcat output when slapd running
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:05:06 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>> You appear to be using back-hdb.
>> My guess is that if this can fail, e.g. because entries are being
>> sync'ed out of order, the DN does not get fixed. If this is the case (I
>> couldn't inspect code deep enough to make sure), I'd expect that the DN
>> get fixed anyway, though, because missing entries should exist as "glue"
> yes. But if you plan to use slapcat as a backup mechanism, then it's
> still a problem.
Sounds like a low priority issue at best. Taking backups of a replica while it
is initializing is pointless, just take a backup of the provider instead.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/