[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#6331) slapd freezing, not accepting further 'write' operations while 'read' operations are unaffected
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#6331) slapd freezing, not accepting further 'write' operations while 'read' operations are unaffected
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 21:37:50 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
The ones BEFORE that spanned a few days. How about the fact that I
had to open ANOTHER ticket to someone's attention to get THIS ONE
"figured out"? THIS was what irritated me.
And from the looks of things, I was wrong: 6320 is the result of
Unreliable Synchronization, the deadlocking issue made it worse, but
is a separate issue.
So you still have a ticket (6320) that was unresolved. Yes, I said
don't bother -- but how about the few posts before that, with me
asking for more help and getting no responses? I had to make an
ASSUMPTION, based on Pierangelo's suggestion. Given what he said, and
given what I'd observed, it seemed a valid assumption, but was not.
The problem is that OpenLDAP has SO MANY PROBLEMS, its almost
impossible to discern ONE from ANOTHER unless you WORK at the OpenLDAP
foundation. Thats unreasonable and I don't have time for two jobs.
Anyways, Quanah, I think we should just drop this now, as its going to
get into a screaming match regarding the following issues:
* Unreliable OpenLDAP releases
* Lackluster/falsely-advertised SyncRepl behavior
* Lengthy-delays in helpful ticket responses
* Paid-version does not mitigate "free" version issues
* My frustration with OpenLDAP as a whole
I don't want to be Master Yoda's age by the time this stuff is
resolved. And I don't want to spend the rest of this year debating it
with you. So please, just drop it.