[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: (ITS#5931) back-meta crashes with syncrepl data

----- hyc@symas.com ha scritto:

> hyc@symas.com wrote:
> > I'll play with this code some with the decode change backed out.
> >
> Heh, in my current build I hadn't updated liblber yet so I didn't have
> the 
> change. Fwiw, test036 etc. worked fine without it. Will try some
> syncrepl 
> configs now.

I ran test018, then I put a back-meta between the consumer and the producer, I wiped the consumer's database and restarted it.  Then I performed some further modifications to the producer and checked that they appeared in the consumer.

Please pay attention to the proxy's logs: what you could (should) get is a series of messages complaining about the impossibility to decode attribute types.

I might well have screwed something up while trying to fix intermediate responses and other stuff related to this ITS.  That's why I'm asking for critical review before merging my fix into re24.  With the change in liblber I could perform syncrepl with back-meta in between.


Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
Office:  +39 02 23998309
Mobile:  +39 333 4963172
Fax:     +39 0382 476497
Email:   ando@sys-net.it