[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

(ITS#5897) trailing characters in olcserverids after conversion

Full_Name: Oliver Liebel
Version: 2.4.13
OS: opensuse 11
URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
Submission from: (NULL) (

using openldap 2.4.13 (compiled from openldap.org source-package)
i have noticed the following, reproducable behaviour when converting
a slapd.conf to slapd.d:

if slapd.conf contains serverids with ldap-urls, e.g. in this format:

ServerID        1       "ldap://ldapmaster.local.site:9000";
ServerID        2       "ldap://ldapslave.local.site:9000";

the olcserverids in cn=config.ldif always contains some trailing (garbage)
characters after the conversion, and are base64 encoded.  when i set them
manually in cn=config with ldapmodify, they are displayed "clean".

the serverid-lines in slapd.conf are "clean" (they contain no whitespaces / tabs
at the end of the line or similar, invisible characters).

i have tested it several times, without using \"\ in the string and/or without
portnumber. i have tested the conversion with both slaptest and slapd,
in virtual and real machines,
result was always the same.