[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: Problem with searched on boolean values

I changed the attribute type to the following and now everything works fine.
Thanks for the advice.

attributetype ( NAME 'freespeechActive'
    EQUALITY booleanMatch

On 10/26/01 4:42 PM, "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

> If you are not running the latest version (2.0.18) of OpenLDAP,
> please upgrade.  Otherwise, I suggest you file a bug report.
>       http://www.openldap.org/its/
> Be sure to provide enough information so that developers can
> track down the problem.  Stack back trace are quite useful
> if a crash is occurring (gdb's 'bt').  So are any relevant log
> entries.
> PS: I note that you might consider using the boolean syntax
> and matching rules.
> At 01:26 PM 2001-10-26, Joseph Annino wrote:
>> I have an LDAP directory with custom schema that specifies several fields
>> whose values can be 0 or 1, a boolean.  When I try and do a search for
>> specific value of one of these parameters openldap always crashes.  If I do
>> a search on just entries that include that parameter, everything is fine.
>> I have tried different indexing settings and reindexing the data files.  I
>> couldn't find any problems like this in the archives.  I can provide some
>> more information for helping to track this down if needed.
>> The definition of the specific parameter I am having problems with is:
>> attributetype ( NAME 'freespeechActive'
>>        EQUALITY numericStringMatch
>> In slapd.conf I have setup an equality index on this.  It crashes with or
>> without the index.