[ldapext] new version of LDIF: version number

The RFC gives only one digit for the version number:

version-number           = 1*DIGIT
                           ; version-number MUST be "1" for the
                           ; LDIF format described in this document.

Looking at different RFC's, it looks like version numbers for protocols, file formats etc... just get incremented and don't use a decimal like system to separate minor from major update. Is this correct ?

There is only one digit for the version number, should we change that to two ? OR do we wait for version 7 or 8 before we think about that ?

--
Yves.
http://www.sollers.ca/blog