Re: [ldapext] Nested group

simo wrote:

> Actually I think this problem would be better solved by a control to ask
> the server to do the calculations for us

Or better an extended operation?
Some query like "Is user X member of the groups A, B and C with
resolving nested groups?"

> On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 16:21 +0100, Andrew Findlay wrote:
>> I am not sure that I understand your point there. Remember that
>> groupOfEntries is a STRUCTURAL class, so it cannot be added to an
>> existing entry or removed from one.
>
> AHHH Right, that was the other thing in the back of my mind that kept
> bogging me, but I forgot to post about it.

I'd like to keep two separate threads with different subjects. 1. for
discussing directly the draft itself and 2. discussing ways for defining
nested groups. Whether the new group object class should be STRUCTURAL
should be discussed under 1, please.

Ciao, Michael.