From: simo [mailto:idra@samba.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:28 PM
To: Howard Chu
Cc: ldapext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [ldapext] Nested group

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 10:08 -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> simo wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 16:21 +0100, Andrew Findlay wrote:
> >> Hmm: I think the different-attributes case is actually *simpler* to
> >> code. The algorithm for enumerating members is almost identical.
> >
> > -	for each nested group {
> > +	for each member {
> >
> > The algorithm complexity is the same, although, it is true, a client
may
> > require more operations.
>
> You're saying "in theory these are the same." That may be true, but in

> practice, your "simplification" creates more work both the client and
the
> server. We can do better, therefore we should.

"Better" depends on the context I guess.
Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or proprietary, and if you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, do not use or share it and delete it. Unless specifically indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Merrill Lynch. Subject to applicable law, Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC) traveling through its networks/systems. The laws of the country of each sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may be archived, supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This message is subject to terms available at the following link: http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging with Merrill Lynch you consent to the foregoing.