Re: [ldapext] Dynamic group draft

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
Howard Chu wrote:
memberQueryURL (...) should inherit from labeledURI, to make its
semantics more obvious.

No. You should normally not inherit from an attribute which is intended to be present in directory entries. In particular when the attributes are used for quite different purposes (typically an URL for humans to click on, vs. LDAP-related info).

Otherwise people who search for labeledURI can receive unwanted matches
for memberQueryURL (though that looks unlikely except for presence match
in this case), a labeledURI index will be filled up with useless
memberQueryURL data, and a search which requests attribute labeledURI
will receive memberQueryURL as well.

And they do not have the same syntax anyway. memberQueryURL does not
allow a general URI, nor the label part of labeledURI.

Fair enough. That just brings me back to my earlier point that there should be an actual syntax defined for URLs.

--
 -- Howard Chu