[ldapext] Dynamic group draft

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haripriya-dynamicgroup-02.txt

It's funny that this has come up since we've been having discussions of these same points on the OpenLDAP-Devel mailing list recently. I hadn't seen any prior versions of this draft before, can you point me to a forum where it had been discussed?

Some comments/questions about this draft, mostly trivial:

While I don't think there was ever a formal spec published, a lot of vendors already use the memberURL attribute that Netscape defined for their default dynamic group implementation. Why did you feel it was necessary to define a new "memberQueryURL" attribute that is essentially identical in meaning to memberURL?

There are some obvious errors in this document, you list the uniqueMember attribute with OID 2.5.4.32 inheriting from distinguishedName, but 2.5.4.32 is actually the owner attribute. uniqueMember is 2.5.4.50 and cannot inherit from distinguishedName since it is of NameAndOptionalUUID syntax, not distinguishedName syntax.

There's a lack of symmetry here - "excludedMember" is used for both member and uniqueMember but it shouldn't be since the two syntaxes are not the same. You need an excludedUniqueMember attribute to provide the relevant functionality.

--
 -- Howard Chu