Re: [ldapext] RFC 4533 implementations?

RL 'Bob' Morgan wrote:

Among the many recent LDAP related RFCs is:

4533 The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Content
     Synchronization Operation. K. Zeilenga, J.H. Choi. June 2006.
     (Format: TXT=73895 bytes) (Status: EXPERIMENTAL)

I'm aware that OpenLDAP has included implementations of both client and server sides of this protocol for a while now. I'm curious whether there are any other implementations, in particular implementations that might support content synchronization between an (Open)LDAP directory and non-directory contexts such as Java- or Windows-based application systems.

I have recently committed to OpenLDAP's HEAD code an independent client-side implementation of RFC 4533 which is basically a C-API that is intended to allow client-side content synchronization, i.e. to maintain a local cache of partial data, possibly updated live in case of refreshAndPersist mode. As such, it's pure RFC 4533, while slapd's built-in client side contains some implementor-specific extension to improve replication performances. I guess it doesn't really count as another implementation, since it's part of OpenLDAP, though.

p.