Re: [ldapext] Representing LDAP protocol in LDAP

Howard,

This seem well thought out and obviously an improvement (at least for
auditing purposes) to the older changelog mechanism in use by several
other directories.

Is there a standard way to discover if this LDAP Logging mechanism is
in use in a particular directory? I.e, will there be an entry in the
rootDSE indicating the DN of the auditContainer in use? Or would a
potential consumer of this information search the directory looking for
entries that have the objectclass of interest?

Also, is this feature on by default in OpenLDAP 2.3? Is its use
configurable?

Thanks,

Steve Trottier
Sr. Software Engineer
Novell, Inc.   http://www.novell.com/

>>> Howard Chu <hyc@highlandsun.com> 10/16/2005 3:28:51 pm >>>
I've attached an initial draft of the LDAP Logging schema we're using
in
  OpenLDAP 2.3. This is my first try writing with the XML tools, so I'd

like to get comments early before submitting to the RFC Editor. The
intended category is Informational; I'm not seeing that in the output
even though I've specified it in the XML source. (Any tips on making it

behave? Using xml2rfc from xml.resource.org...)

--
   -- Howard Chu