Re: [ldapext] Password Policy draft 9

After adopting the schema changes in draft 9 we ran into a new issue; the pwdAccountLockedTime operational attribute is now marked NO-USER-MODIFICATION. Should this attribute be automatically removed when a password change is successfully performed? (I.e., give it the same treatment as pwdFailureTime and pwdGraceUseTime which are removed upon successful password change.) Otherwise it's not clear that a password administrator can re-enable an account using the currently defined protocol operations, and requiring a manipulation outside the protocol seems wrong. I have the same concern with pwdPolicySubentry, which seems to me to require manual setting. (For all the other non-modifiable attributes, they have clearly defined automated behaviors, so there's no issue there.)

--
  -- Howard Chu