Re: [ldapext] Password Policy operational attributes

Jim Sermersheim wrote:

I also prefer that when these attributes are updates, that the modification tracking attributes (modifyTimeStamp, modifyCSN, version, whatever) are updated,

I disagree strongly here. You'd loose very valuable information about who did the last administrative changes to an entry.

IMO modification of password policy state information SHOULD NOT update 'modifyTimeStamp' and 'modifiersName'. Attributes used for replication SHOULD be updated off course ('modifyCSN' looks like such an attribute).

Likely we could remind server implementors to do whatever is needed to cause replication to properly happen.

+1

Ciao, Michael.