Re: [ldapext] Dynamic values in LDIF

Jim Sermersheim wrote:

It's difficult (well, impossible I guess) to write an LDIF file which
can be used to update schema because one never knows the name of the
subschema subentry in effect for the object(s) for which the schema
is being updated. (I'm assuming a DSA which can modify schema. i.e. X.501(93) Clause 14.5).

There's not a single sub schema sub entry. In fact there could be many.
=> you have to know something a priory about the DSA before updating one of its sub schema sub entries.

> Is there any effort underway to do something like this?

Frankly I don't believe it's worth to think about something like this any further. If you modify something like the sub schema via LDAP you already implemented kind of a LDAP client and pointed it to a specific server.

Ciao, Michael.