Re: [ldapext] distibuted procedures draft Section 3.3

I need to change that to "ChainedIntermediateResponse" or something. It's not good to use the name name as the IntermediateResponse defined in RFC 3771.

I prefer staying with the LDAPv3 model of returning one protocol message per search result entry/reference.

If batching milti-valued responses is seen as a good thing, I suggest a general mechanism be defined to do that (one that will work for chained response as a well as non-chained search and intermediate responses).

I'm not sure what others think.

Jim

>>> "Vithalprasad Gaitonde" <gvithalprasad@novell.com> 11/1/04 11:22:54 PM >>>
Should we allow a client the facility to send back more than one searchresultentry/references by changing:

IntermediateResponse ::= SEQUENCE {
Response ::= CHOICE {
searchResEntry SearchResultEntry,
searchResRef SearchResultReference,
intermediateResponse IntermediateResponse
... },
controls [0] Controls COPTIONAL }
            IntermediateResponse ::= SEQUENCE OF {
Response ::= CHOICE {
searchResEntry SearchResultEntry,
searchResRef SearchResultReference,
intermediateResponse IntermediateResponse
... },
controls [0] Controls COPTIONAL }
or should we rathar stay with the LDAP v3 model of having one protocol message for each serch result entry/reference.
I feel the former has advantages since it allows a protocol peer to send bac muliple as well as single serch result entries/references .
Comments ?
Thanks,
Prasad