[ldapext] distibuted procedures draft Section 3.3

Should we allow a client the facility to send back more than one searchresultentry/references by changing:

IntermediateResponse ::= SEQUENCE {
Response ::= CHOICE {
searchResEntry SearchResultEntry,
searchResRef SearchResultReference,
intermediateResponse IntermediateResponse
... },
controls [0] Controls COPTIONAL }
            IntermediateResponse ::= SEQUENCE OF {
Response ::= CHOICE {
searchResEntry SearchResultEntry,
searchResRef SearchResultReference,
intermediateResponse IntermediateResponse
... },
controls [0] Controls COPTIONAL }
or should we rathar stay with the LDAP v3 model of having one protocol message for each serch result entry/reference.
I feel the former has advantages since it allows a protocol peer to send bac muliple as well as single serch result entries/references .
Comments ?
Thanks,
Prasad