Re: [ldapext] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-behera-ldap-password-policy-08.txt

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 08:55 -0600, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
> I agree. In fact, I think the draft needs to describe the "Replication
> Considerations", but not prescribe behavior.
>
> This leaves room for vendors and deployers to provide competitive
> solutions, and leaves the password policy draft out of the business of
> replication policies.

Yup. On consideration, you're right. Protocol descriptions aren't where
security architecture discussions belong. Forget the changed text - it
seems to me that you could have a thoroughly replicated policy and still
fit within the considerations given.

Cheers,

Neil