Re: [ldapext] Password Policy OIDs

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 09:01 -0600, Jim Sermersheim wrote:

> The draft probably drifted 'far enough' from both the Novell and
> Netscape implementations in the -00 version. The concern is probably
> how far has it drifted (or will it drift) from where it was when other
> vendors (OpenLDAP, eB2B, and others) started implementing it?

The OpenLDAP one (my prototype, Howard Chu's code) is based on draft
-07, so the level of drift should be pretty small.I don't think anyone
will die if the OIDs change - certainly the level of deployment within
HP is sufficiently small not to cause major headaches.

And yes - I agree with John's point that you implement I-Ds at your own
risk.

Cheers,

Neil