Re: [ldapext] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-zeilenga-ldap-incr-00.txt

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 18:08 -0700, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> This I-D describes an extension we've found to be quite
> useful in provisioning applications, Modify-Increment.
> When combined with a read-entry control, one can increment
> value(s) of an attribute and read-back the values, in one
> atomic operation.  Pretty simple.

What should a server return if an increment is requested on an attribute
with a non-discrete domain of values? (eg, increment on a string value).

I suppose Unwilling To Perform would be OK; Constraint Violation
perhaps. Undefined Type doesn't seem right.

Cheers,

Neil